The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Weeknight Chicken Parmesan
To make this ahead follow recipe through step 3. Keep in the fridge until ready to use. The chicken will need to cook a bit longer if you chill it first.
I like to serve with pasta and sautéed zucchini spears.
- ½ cup AP flour
- 11/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme. Add the chicken to the flour and toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat, add olive oil. Once oil is glistening hot, shake excess flour off of the chicken and add the chicken to the pan, brown about 3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain the oil. Place the chicken back in the pan in a single layer off the heat. Sprinkle ½ the cheese over each breast. Evenly spoon marinara over the cheese and then top with remaining cheese.
- Place on the top rack of the oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.