I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for a
Weeknight Chicken Parmesan
To make this ahead follow recipe through step 3. Keep in the fridge until ready to use. The chicken will need to cook a bit longer if you chill it first.
I like to serve with pasta and sautéed zucchini spears.
- ½ cup AP flour
- 11/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme. Add the chicken to the flour and toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat, add olive oil. Once oil is glistening hot, shake excess flour off of the chicken and add the chicken to the pan, brown about 3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain the oil. Place the chicken back in the pan in a single layer off the heat. Sprinkle ½ the cheese over each breast. Evenly spoon marinara over the cheese and then top with remaining cheese.
- Place on the top rack of the oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.