Makes 8 cups
This is my holiday weekend drink. I make a batch and keep it on the stove to fill my house with a festive aroma.
If you want to make it indulgent top it with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
- 1 apple
- 12 whole cloves
- 1, 64 oz (or 8 cups) jug of apple juice
- 1/2 orange, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 star anise
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks, plus 8 more for garnish if desired
- 2, quarter size slices of ginger root
- Stud the apple with the cloves.
- Place all ingredients into a large pot and bring to a light simmer over medium/high heat. Reduce heat to low and allow to steep for at least 1 hour for best flavor. Remove orange slices, apple and spices. Serve with a cinnamon stick.