The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Make Ahead Prosciutto and Cherry Bruschetta
Make Ahead: 1 day ahead cut up cherries and crumble blue cheese. Keep in the fridge. The bread can be toasted and kept out for about 6 hours. Assemble right before serving. All of these ingredients can be served at room temperature, perfect for a picnic or appetizers in your backyard.
- 6 slices rustic bread, ½ inch thick
- olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup cherries (bing or rainier), pitted and sliced
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- Turn a grill or flat top on top med/high heat. Brush olive oil liberally on both sides of bread and place on heat. Toast for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn over and toast other side. Repeat with remaining toast.
- When you are ready to serve, lay a slice of prosciutto on each toast, top evenly with cherries and blue cheese, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and top with cracked black pepper.