Makes about 24 muffins
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup plain applesauce
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cup very ripe banana, smashed
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (you can use all purpose too)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ heaping teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil, brown sugar, honey, applesauce, yogurt, vanilla and eggs until combined. Stir in banana.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir flour into banana mixture until just combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Coat muffin tins with non-stick spray and evenly scoop batter into tins about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.