These can be skewed up to 6 hours ahead, wrap with plastic and keep in the fridge.
- 2/3 cup Molasses BBQ Sauce (recipe below), divided
- 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 inch cubes
- 16, 1 inch cubes fresh pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper, 1 inch cubes
- ½ yellow onion, 1 inch cubes
- 8, 12 inch bamboo skewers
- Pre-heat your grill to 300-350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss 1/3 cup BBQ sauce with chicken.
- Skew 1 piece of pineapple on a bamboo skewer, then a cube of chicken, red pepper, onion, chicken, pineapple, chicken and finish with a onion or pepper. Repeat with remaining ingredients and skewers.
- Place on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes, turn and finish cooking about 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Use remaining 1/3 cup bbq sauce and slather over cooked kebabs.
Molasses BBQ Sauce
Makes 7 ¾ cups
I make a huge batch of bbq sauce and keep it in the freezer for up to 4 months. Whenever I need a delicious bbq sauce I just pop it in the fridge to that or straight into the pot. It also keeps in the fridge up to 1 week.
If you don’t want to make this much you can always cut it in half .
1 yellow onion, cut into 4ths
3 large garlic cloves
1, 64oz bottle ketchup
1 cup molasses
¾ cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons each, salt, smoked paprika and chili powder
1 tablespoon mustard
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup Jack Daniels or other fine whiskey
Place the garlic and onion in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade and blend until a puree like consistency.
Add remaining ingredients and blend until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Pour into a large pot and cook for 20 minutes on medium, stirring frequently.