The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Bread and Olive Kabobs
These can be skewered and brushed with oil up to 6 hours ahead.
You can use any pitted olive you like not just the green stuffed olive.
I serve it warm so the cheese in the olive oozes out when I bite into it.
- 8, 10 inch bamboo skewers
- 24, 1 ½ inch baguette bread cubes
- 14 feta stuffed green olives
- 14 blue cheese stuffed green olives
- ¼ cup garlic oil (recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, ( I like to use a nice aged one)
- Heat your grill to 300-350 degrees.
- Alternating, evenly skew 3 cubes of bread and 3 olives on to the skewer.
- Brush each side of bread with oil.
- Place on grill and grill about 2 minutes on each side, turning half way through.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Oil can be made 1 week ahead. This is enough to use on my baby red potato kabobs recipe too or for later use.
1/2 cup olive oil
¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.