You can make these 6 hours ahead through step 4. Wrap in plastic and keep in the fridge.
- garlic oil, recipe below
- 4 baby red potatoes, about the size of a small tennis ball
- 1 zucchini, cut into 12, ¾ inch slices
- 4, 10 inch bamboo skewers
- Pre-heat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Par-cook the potatoes by placing them in the microwave for about 5-7 minutes or until barley for tender.
- Cut potatoes in half and toss with ¼ cup of oil while still warm.
- Skew 1 slice of zucchini on skewer and then ½ of potato, then zucchini, potato and finish with a zucchini. Repeat with remaining vegetables and skewers. Brush oil all over with remaining oil.
- Place over a low flame on the grill and cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Oil can be made 1 week ahead. This is enough to use on my baby red potato kabobs recipe too or for later use.
1/2 cup olive oil
¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.