I make a huge batch of bbq sauce and keep it in the freezer for up to 4 months. Whenever I need a delicious bbq sauce I just pop it in the fridge to thaw for a few hours and its ready to use. It also keeps in the fridge up to 1 week.
If you don’t want to make this much you can always cut it in half .
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 4ths
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1, 64oz bottle ketchup
- 1 cup molasses
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons each, salt, smoked paprika and chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Jack Daniels or other fine whiskey
- Place the garlic and onion in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade and blend until a puree like consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into a large pot and cook for 20 minutes on medium, stirring frequently.