I really enjoy some of the new locally made nut snack bars that are available now, but they are so expensive, so I created a home made alternative that’s a fraction of the price. This quick, nutritious snack is perfect for me and my busy toddlers.
You can find flax seed, brown rice syrup and whole wheat rice cereal at Whole Foods.
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 3/4 cup whole wheat rice cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans or any nut, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- Mix first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients. Stir peanut butter mixture into oat mixture until well combined.
- Grab about a golf ball size of mix and roll into a tight ball. Repeat until all the mix is gone.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.