This healthier version of teriyaki sauce is so good I make it in large quantities and freeze it so I always have some on hand.
I use this on everything from Salmon, to chicken to tofu.
- 1 1/4 cup soy sauce or 1, 10 oz bottle
- 1 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large sauce pan over medium high heat, whisk together soy sauce, orange juice, syrup, lime juice, garlic and ginger. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together cold water and corn starch.
- Once the soy mixture has come to a high simmer whisk in the cornstarch/ water mixture. Simmer for another 5-8 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Keep in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 5 months.