This super easy app can also be made in a saute pan over medium heat.
Make Ahead: You can make up to 1 day ahead, keep the goat cheese separate until you are ready to serve.
- 24 bing or rainer cherries, pitted
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary, broken into 3 pieces.
- 6 slices rustic bread, 1/2 inch thick
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, top cut off
- 1, 8 oz log of goat cheese
- Pre-heat your grill to 300-350 degrees.
- Make a foil boat by folding a cookie sheet size sheet of aluminum foil in half and rolling up the sides, but keep the bottom flat and about 8×8 inches wide. Place another sheet of foil underneath, big enough to come over and cover the top of the boat.
- Place the cherries, balsamic and rosemary in the foil boat, bring bottom foil sheet onto to seal in the cherries and balsamic.
- Put on the grill for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush olive oil liberally on both sides of each slice of bread and place on the grill. Toast for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn over and toast other side. Hot off the heat, rub one side of toast with cut side of garlic and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining toast.
- When ready to serve, remove the foil lid from the cherries and smush goat cheese into the cherries and balsamic, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with grill toasts.