It so often seems that chicken on the grill is dry and burnt. So I set out to create a recipe that defies that. This is an easy and versatile recipe that is perfect for your summer grilling. I serve it with my Grilled Corn on the Cob, one pot Tex-Mex qunioa, wrapped up in tacos or on top of a crisp salad.
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, about 1-2 oranges
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, about 3-4 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about 1-2 large lemons
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, add more if you want more spice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each granulated garlic and chili powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4, 1/2 inch slices avocado
- *(optional) 1 each, lemon, lime, orange, sliced in half.
- In a large ziploc bag mix together juices, honey, garlic, chili powder, pepper, salt and olive oil until well combined. Add the chicken and seal the bag.
- Place in the fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Mix together all ingredients into a small bowl, keep in the fridge until you put chicken on the grill.
- Pre-heat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, place your chicken to the grill, discard the marinade and cook for 7 minutes.
- Flip over and cook for another 7-10 minutes depending on the size of your chicken, in the last 2 minutes of cooking top each breast evenly with cheese.
- Remove from the grill, top with sour cream sauce and avocado and lightly cover with foil. Let rest about 5 minutes.*(optional) I like to serve it with grilled citrus to squeeze on top. Place cut side of citrus on the grill during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
-Roll citrus with the palm of your hand to make it easier to juice
-To make sure your chicken doesn’t stick to the grill start with a clean grill, before lighting spray with non stick spray, dont move the chicken until the recipe tells you to do so.