One of the great thing about this recipe is that you can marinate it in the morning and when you are ready to eat you have a deliciouly flavored cut of meat and sauce to drizzle on top. Serve it with my Grilled Russet Potatoes and a vegetable and you have a nutrious meal in minutes.
This would also be great served in tacos or on top of a salad.
- 1 ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup green onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1, 1 1/2 -2 pound flat iron steak
- In a medium bowl mix cilantro, garlic, lime juice, green onion, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the mix into a large ziploc bag and reserve the rest at room temperature . Put the steak into the ziploc bag with marinade and keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Pre-heat your grill to 350-400 degrees or medium/high.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and brush off excess cilantro mix . Grill for 5 minutes and flip steak, cook for another 5 minutes or to 130 degrees for medium rare and 140 for medium. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and top with reserved chimichurri.