Who said all Russets had to be baked? I thought why not grill? This is a great side to any grilled meat.
Microwave them ahead of time and keep in the fridge for up to 1 day. They only take minutes to re-heat on the grill.
These are great served with Grilled Flat Iron with Chimichurri.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chives, minced * optional
- Pre-heat your grill to 350-400 degrees.
- Pierce each potato with a knife.
- Place the potatoes on a paper towel in your microwave and cook for 6-10 minutes or until there is a slight give when you press on them. You want them mostly cooked.
- Put the par cooked potatoes on the grill for 5 minutes, rotate them and cook them for another 5 minutes or until a fork easily pokes through and they are hot.
- Remove from the grill and cut a slit in the center, sprinkle with salt and pepper, dollop with sour cream and top with cheese and chives