These are the perfect snack to serve at your tailgate roast your peppers and cook your chorizo before you leave for the stadium for a quick, no-fuss snack. If you don’t want to grill they are great in a pan on the stove top too.
Make Ahead: Up to 1 day ahead, assemble quesadillas wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to grill.
Make 4 large quesadillas
- 6 baby bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 oz pork chorizo
- 8 burrito size tortillas, I like to use flour, and spinach for color
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- olive oil
- sour cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place peppers on a parchment lined cookie sheet and toss with canola oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until slightly blackened.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Cut off the stems and dice up pepper. Set aside.
- Cook chorizo in a medium pan over med/high heat until cooked through about 5-7 minutes, breaking up with a spoon. Set aside.
- Pre-heat your grill to 350 on medium heat.
- Lay 4 tortillas down on a clean surface. Evenly sprinkle the cheeses over each one, then add the peppers, chorizo and olives. Place another tortilla on top of each.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and place on the grill. (you may need to turn your grill down to low if it runs hot).
- Flip the quesadilla after 2-3 minutes and finish cooking until all the cheese has melted. about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and slice in to wedges, serve with salsa and sour cream.