Nothin like putting BBQ on the BBQ!! This pizza is so good and can be made super easy by buying dough or for a challenge make your own. My recipe for Molasses BBQ Sauce is perfect for this pizza.
You can also follow the recipe for grilling the dough and put other toppings to fit your diners.
Makes 8 mini pizzas
- 2, 13.8 oz tubes of pillsbury pizza dough
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cups chicken breast, shredded
- 2 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 8-12 oz cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 jalapeños , sliced into rounds (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, cut into thin ribbons
- Pre heat your grill over med/high to 350 degrees.
- Place your pizza dough on a cutting board and cut into 4 equal rectangles. Stretch out dough to the size you like. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Brush one side of each pizza with oil and place pizza on the grill. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, checking often to make sure it doesn’t burn, turn heat down if necessary.
- Remove from the grill and place on parchment in a single layer. Keep grill on to medium/high about 400 degrees.
- When cool enough to touch, brush olive oil on the non grilled side of each pizza, and place on parchment grilled side up.
- Toss chicken with 3/4 cup BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- On the grilled side spread about 3-4 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce on each pizza, top with cheeses, chicken, red onion and jalapeños.
- Put the pizzas on the grill, close the lid and turn off the heat. Don’t open the grill for at least 5-7 minutes, this will allow the cheese to melt and the dough to finish cooking.
- Remove from the grill, top with cilantro and basil and serve.