These fish tacos are so versatile, you can sub in salmon or halibut. There are a few layers to this recipe but the seasoning can be made 3 months ahead and the slaw the day before, just wait to toss with the dressing until ready to serve. Serve with Grilled Peaches for a great dessert.
Makes 12 small tacos
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup veganaise or mayonaise
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups red or green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup or 1 ear corn
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 peach, sliced in half and pitted
- olive oil
- 12 small corn tortillas (if you want to double up the tortilla get 24)
- 1 1/2 pounds cod
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In a small bowl mix together.
- In a large bowl mix veganaise, vinegar, syrup, sour cream, salt, and chili powder until well combined.
- Toss in cabbage, corn, onion and cilantro. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Pre-heat your grill to 400 degrees.
- Rub cut side of the peach with olive oil and place cut side down on the grill.
- Have a large piece of aluminum foil ready to wrap hot tortillas. Place tortillas on the grill and grill for 30 seconds, flip over and grill another 30 seconds. Remove from the grill and stack in foil and cover tightly to keep warm.
- Rub both side of the fish liberally with seasoning. Place on a bbq fish tray or a cookie cooling rack. Put on the grill and cook 3-5 minutes, flip and cook another 3-7 minutes or until flaky and opaque.
- Remove fish and peach from the grill, squirt lime juice on top of fish. Dice up peach.
- To assemble taco, lay down 1 or 2 tortillas, place a small piece of fish on top then slaw, avocado and top with peaches.