The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream and Gingersnaps
This dessert is so easy but so delicious. Its a great dessert with my Grilled Fish Tacos with Peaches and Slaw.
- 3 peaches, cut in half and pitted
- olive oil
- Vanilla Ice cream
- 18 small gingersnap cookies
- Pre-heat your grill to 400 degrees on med/high. Make sure your grill is very clean.
- Brush cut side of peaches with olive oil and place cut side down on the grill, close the grill and cook peaches for about 7 minutes. Turn your grill down if peaches look like they are starting to burn. Don’t move them around to help them not stick.
- After about 7 minutes remove from the grill and cover tightly with foil until ready to eat.
- Place 12 cookies in a plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin to make large crumbs. Reserving 6 cookies.
- When ready to serve top each peach with a scoop of ice cream, sprinkle with cookie crumbs and top with a whole cookie.