Not many other foods scream game day like poppers so I thought a great twist is to grill them for a great smokey flavor. Perfect for your tailgate
If you like them hot keep the ribs and some seeds in the jalapeno, if you want them mild remove all the “whiteish ribs”. Be careful after touching jalapeños the heat stays on your hand and can burn your eyes if touched, wear plastic gloves if need be.
Make Ahead: Make filling and stuff peppers up to 1 day ahead. Keep wrapped in the fridge.
Makes 24 poppers
- 12 large jalapeños
- 1, 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (about 1 med clove)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup corn
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, finely chopped (about 3 slices)
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat your grill to 400 degrees over medium heat.
- Cut the tops of the jalapeños. With a paring knife cut down the center from top to bottom of each. Cut the seeds and some of the ribs out.
- In a medium bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Evenly fill each jalapeno with filling.
- Place on grill and grill for 7-8 minutes or until tender.