The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Grilled Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa Skewers
This is so quick and easy, it perfect for a quick tailgate munchie. You can substitute your favorite cooked link sausage.
Have a smaller group? The recipe works great cut in half.
Make Ahead: Marinate and skew up to 1 day ahead, keep wrapped in the fridge.
Makes about 24
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 2 medium garlic cloves, smashed
- 38, 1 inch cubes pineapple
- 1, 14 oz kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (about 38)
- 1 small yellow onion, 1 inch square slices (38 )
- 38 small bamboo skewers
- In a large bowl mix together the honey, sweet chili sauce, soy, lime juice and garlic clove.
- Add the pineapple, kielbasa and onion to the mixture and marinate for 1 hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to grill pre heat your grill to 400 degrees,
- Skew 1 piece of sausage, pineapple and onion on each skewer and place on the grill. Grill for 5-7 minutes or until heated through, turning about every 2-3 minutes.