I love the flavors of a classic buffalo wing, but I thought a nutty twist would be a great change up. I like to double the recipe for the sauce and freeze the leftover for a quick dinner of chicken tenders over rice with peanut sauce.
Make Ahead: Make the sauce up to 4 days ahead and keep in the fridge or freeze for up to 4 months.
Serves 4 as appetizers
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup yellow onion. minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced (about 1 large clove)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 4 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 pound party wings
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat saute oil onions and garlic until onions turn translucent. Stir in remaining ingredients except the wings and remove from the heat.
- Allow sauce to cool.
- In a zip top bag add 3/4 cup peanut sauce and the wings and marinate in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat your grill over medium.
- Place your wings on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, flip and cook for another 15 minutes or until your wings reach 165 degrees.
- Straight from the grill toss remaining sauce with hot wings to fully coat.