Ohhhh how I love caramel. Technically this is more like a butterscotch, but tomato tomAto right?
No matter what you label it, it is heavenly.
I make double batches and use it on ice cream sundaes, apple tarts and so much more.
Once you have this in your recipe box I guarantee it will have candy coated spots all over it.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- Place butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring butter and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar mixture is well combined and comes to a boil, immediately reduce heat to low and whisk in vanilla, heavy cream and salt.
- Serve or keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Freeze up to 4 months.
Make a double batch and keep it in your fridge for up to a week or freeze for 6 months. Just scoop out what you need and leave the rest frozen.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time