When I need a healthy sweet snack I often reach for a handful of granola and my kids follow suit. Even my toddler points and say “Nola, nola”.
You can sub out for different types of nuts or dried fruits. In a nice jar with a label or a cellophane bag and this makes a great hostess give or brunch party favor. Its easy to double the batch cause it will be gone in no time.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Nuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, or a mixture, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup currants or other dried fruit
- Pre heat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Place coconut oil in a large microwave safe bowl. Melt oil in microwave.
- Stir honey, syrup, salt, cinnamon and vanilla into the coconut oil.
- Stir in oats, nuts, coconut and chia seed if using.
- Spread mixture evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 45 min-1 hour tossing granola ever 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool. Once cool toss in currants.
- I keep mine in a jar for up to a month or so.
make up to 1 month ahead
10 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
70 minTotal Time