The leaves are beginning to turn the beautiful colors of fall and a nip is in the air. Sounds like a perfect time to have the warm aroma of apple cider cooking on your stove. I love to have a pot on the back burner when my kids come home from a chilly soccer game or my husband walks in from a long days work. There is just something so warm and cozy about walking into a house filled with the sent of fall.
- 1, 1 quart jug apple juice
- 1 small orange or mandarine orange, slice in half
- 10 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 6 Allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (add more if you like)
- Pour juice into a medium sauce pot.
- Push the cloves into the orange and put into the juice.
- Add the star anise, Allspice, cinnamon sticks and ginger.
- Bring to a simmer over high heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
For a festive touch I serve mine with a cinnamon stick in each mug.
If you don’t have an orange you can omit it.
I like to put all the spices in a tea sachet and have them ready to just pot in the pot with the juice when ever I need it.
2 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
7 minTotal Time