Oatmeal is a great way to start the day, filled with fiber and iron. Sometimes it can be pretty bland and down-right BORING. This easy, fill-you-up recipe is full of flavor, texture and always a winner with my kids. I can feel good about getting them off to school with weekday staple.
If you have allergies you can use other forms of milk in place of the almond milk.
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- marcona almonds
- mixed berries
- pure maple syrup
- pumpkin seeds
- In a medium sauce pot stir in almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut oil and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium/high heat.
- Pour in oats and stir. Cook at a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top each bowl with desired toppings. ( I like all of them on mine).
Make a double batch and keep in your fridge for up to 3 days. In the mornings scoop out and place warm milk on top.
2 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time