I am always looking for quick and easy snacks for my kids and this one is a hit. So many “snacks” these days are full of ingredients I can’t pronounce and tons of sugar. These have a the crunch and sweetness my kids love, but also pack a punch in the protein department. You can substitute other nut butters or sunflower seed butter if your child has a peanut allergy.
I use Manuka honey in this recipe, which has higher levels of Anti-baterial properties than regular raw honey. Studies show it’s effective in fighting infection and promoting healing. This honey comes from bees in New Zealand that pollinate the native manuka bush. I buy mine on Amazon with KFACTOR 16.
- 160 waffle style pretzels
- 1 cup organic smooth unsweetened peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons Manuka honey or regular honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, mix the peanut butter, honey and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of mixture on one side of a pretzel and place another pretzel on top to make a sandwich.
These keep for a week or so in an air tight container in the fridge. That is if you don\\\'t gobble them down before that!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time