I have a Joule, sous vide machine. I love it for this dish, it allows for a perfect tenderloin every time and makes prep, cooking and clean up a cinch. If you don’t have a sous vide machine you can just bake the pork in a 375 degree oven until close to 140 degrees. At 140 follow the recipe for the cheese and final broil.
I serve smashed sweet potatoes next to the pork and broil with a little butter and salt on top.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- pork tenderloin, close to 1 pound
- 1/3 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- In a ziplock bag, mix together all ingredients through olive oil. Put pork in the bag and rub marinade all over. Keep in the fridge 1 hour or overnight. (If you are in a hurry you can put straight into sous vide).
- Get your sous vide pot ready. Set sous vide temp to reach 136 degrees. Place in heated water and cook with sous vide for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from bag and reserve marinade.
- Turn your oven on broil.
- Slice pork into 1/4 inch slices and fan out in a baking dish. Pour marinade over and top with cheese.
- Broil for about 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
You could marinade the pork and freeze. Keep up to 3 months. Thaw or follow your sous vide instructions for cooking frozen pork tenderloin.
5 minPrep Time
90 minCook Time
95 minTotal Time